Part-time Avenue Club Manager required: 25 hours a week at £17.80ph
The Avenue Club makes an important contribution to the wellbeing of our members by a range of classes, activities and events mainly aimed at local residents aged over 50. We are located in The Avenue in Kew, in a building that was originally part of St Luke’s church. We are completely secular and welcome everyone from across the local community.
Due to retirement the Avenue Club is seeking to recruit a Manager to lead our small and friendly team of two directly employed staff and a number of session leaders. The successful candidate will be required to work 25 hours over 4 or 5 days a week. Main qualities required are:
- the ability to develop and grow the membership and activities of the Avenue Club
- to manage and lead the current team
- the ability to work in partnership and network with other local charities and groups
- a friendly out-going personality happy to interact with those who use the Clubs varied activities
- a working knowledge of MS Office packages
- the ability to take a flexible, pragmatic and problem-solving approach to work
The role reports to the Chief Executive of the Kew Community Trust and the successful candidate will be a key member of the Trust’s small management team. When you join the Kew Community Trust we offer a positive, supportive and flexible working environment, the chance to make a real difference to people in the community, training when identified, a positive work-life balance with 4 weeks paid holiday a year, and a staff pension scheme.
A more detailed job description can be found at here.
If you would like an informal chat please contact the Trust’s Chief Executive – Simon Boddis 07860 262 063
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and a short supporting statement (maximum two sides) detailing why you are interested in the role and what skills, knowledge, experience and abilities you can bring to the Trust.
Applications should be sent to Simon@kewcommunitytrust.org.uk
Closing date is 8 November 2021.
Kew Community Trust is an equal opportunities employer.